Jo and local artist Jenny Taylor judge the Christmas cards
Jo has announced the winners and runners-up of her annual Christmas card competition.
The winners are:
• Christmas design competition (picture to be printed on card front cover): Lewis MacPherson, P5, Lenzie Moss Primary School, Lenzie.
• Christmas poem competition (poem to be printed inside card): Shevaun Muldoon, P6, Lairdsland Primary School, Kirkintilloch.
The runners-up in each category were:
• Poem: Lewis McGlinchey, P7, St. Matthews Primary School, Bishopbriggs; Olivia Fram, P5, Lairdsland Primary School, Kirkintilloch.
• Design: William Nibbs, S1, Bearsden Academy; Christine Wood, P5, Bearsden Primary.
Local artist Jenny Taylor helped Jo to judge the designs and poems from over 600 entries. Jenny has recently graduated from Glasgow School of Art and specialises in collage and drawing works, and as a child had her first taste of artistic success in her school’s Christmas card competition.
Commenting, Jo said:
“Congratulations to Lewis and Shevaun on their winning design and poem. The creative flair displayed throughout all the poems and pictures I was sent was really wonderful. As always, judging the top entries was a very difficult decision!
“I look forward to sending Lewis and Shevaun’s finished card out this Christmas and sharing the talent of these East Dunbartonshire children with local groups, individuals and beyond.
“In the coming weeks I will also be visiting the schools of the winners and the runners-up to present them with prizes, as well as certificates for everybody who took part.”
Notes to Editors
1. Jo was helped in judging the competition by local artist Jenny Taylor, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org