Salary: £16-18,000 dependent on experience. For more information on IPSA pay scales: http://www.w4mp.org/html/library/salaries/general.asp
An empathetic, organised, highly efficient individual is sought for the role of Caseworker. The role is permanent, based on a working week of 37.5 hours. The position is based within a lively and dynamic team in my constituency office in Bearsden, approximately 20 minutes from Glasgow City Centre by train.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent written English skills
• Be able to produce a high volume of accurate letter drafts under time pressure
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Be competent in use of IT
• Be a strong communicator who is able to empathise with others
• Drafting correspondence
• Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone or in person, and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
• Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, the local Council and others
• Keeping accurate records, in line with Data Protection and principles
• Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks
• Occasionally undertaking constituency surgeries and other meetings on behalf of the MP
• Some evening work may be required, in exchange for time off in lieu
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
We welcome applications from a diversity of backgrounds, and to prevent discrimination your name and school will be blanked out before short listing. We are also happy to discuss flexible working.
The closing date for applicants is 5pm, Monday 5th August. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 13th August. Applicants selected for interview will be required to complete a task prior to being interviewed.
To apply please send your CV and a hand-written covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to:
Çara Keenan, 126 Drymen Road, Bearsden, G61 3RB.
For more information please call Karen Hurst on 0141 943 1565 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org