Local MP Jo Swinson will be holding a series of open public meetings across East Dunbartonshire to offer people an opportunity to have their questions on independence answered. Jo’s Road to Referendum campaign has been launched in the lead up to September’s vital independence vote.
Speaking about the campaign, Jo said:
“The question facing the people of Scotland at the ballot box on 18th September is the most important vote we will cast in our lifetimes. As a passionate supporter of Scotland remaining within the UK, I am determined to play my part in helping people access the information they need to make up their minds.
“That is why I will be holding meetings across my constituency to discuss these important issues directly with local residents.
“Anyone can attend these public meetings, whatever their views, and I would encourage them to bring their family, neighbours and friends. I will endeavour to do my best to answer any questions posed by my constituents, and I look forward to lively and interesting discussions!”
The public meetings will be held at the following times and venues, all starting at 7pm:
· Tuesday 27th May, Kilmardinny Arts Centre, Bearsden
· Thursday 29th May, Park Centre, Kirkintilloch
· Friday 6th June, Bishopbriggs War Memorial Hall
· Friday 18th July, Milngavie Town Hall
· Tuesday 29th July, Caldwell Halls, Torrance
· Thursday 28th August, Lenzie Public Hall
· Friday 5th September, Baldernock Church Hall, Balmore
For more information please visit joswinson.org.uk/referendum