East Dunbartonshire Liberal Democrats are looking for an enthusiastic, people person with experience of dealing with the public and volunteers to join their local campaign team.
This role will focus on helping to increase the volunteer activist network in the constituency and aid in Jo Swinson MP's re-election campaign.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. To coordinate and drive the identification, recruitment, training, development, motivation and retention of members and volunteers to mutually agreed targets.
2. To oversee the organisation of volunteers to deliver the constituency campaign plan.
3. To ensure the delivery of a programme of doorstep and telephone voter contact to mutually agreed targets.
4. To assist in the delivery of a fundraising programme within the constituency.
5. To assist in the delivery of an effective online campaign using the full range of e-campaigning tools.
6. To advise the line manager, as appropriate, on organisational, communication and/or maintenance priorities which may benefit the smooth running of the campaign.
7. To undertake such training as is recommended to develop and update required skills.
8. To undertake such other duties as the line manger may require to further effective communication, campaigning and organisation in the constituency.
The post is a fixed term contract until 30th June 2015.
The post operates on a full time basis, 40 hours per week, but actual daily working hours and days are flexible.
The post will involve regular evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be available.
Annual leave is 25 days per year, plus public holidays.
There will be an initial 6 month probationary period.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date:18 July 2014
Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th July in Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire.
How to apply:
To apply for the job, email a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
To get the full job description and person specification or to have a discussion about the job contact Adam Stachura on 0131 337 2314 or [email protected]